Just a little update on all things wedding related from the past few weeks:
- We picked a date!! December 22, 2012!
- We reserved and made deposits on both the chapel and reception site. We're getting married at the chapel at the college Brice graduated from. Then, the reception is also on campus.
Inside the chapel
Gorgeous stained glass windows
Inside the reception site. Same style architecture as the chapel, which I LOVE!
- I asked all of my sweet bridesmaids to be in my wedding, and they all said yes!
Leslie is my Maid of Honor!
Leslie is my godsister. Our dads were roommates in college.
friends family since we were born.
And I've known I wanted her to be my MOH since I was little
Lorin and Emily are bridesmaids
(lorin on left, emily on right)
Lorin came to my high school in 11th grade, Emily I've know since I was 2-ish, and all three of us go to church together.
They're my bestest friends.
They were both on a mission trip in the Bahamas together when we got engaged. Luckily, they had internet so we could chat via facebook. Or else I would've died. They didn't get back until a WEEK later. Praise Jesus for facebook.
Angela is going to be a bridesmaid.
Angela is my soon to be sister-in-law!
I've always wanted a sister, and now I'll have one!
We're only a year apart age-wise, which makes it even cooler.
- We've picked wedding colors! All decorations will be green and white. Simple, yet elegant and beautiful.
- Brice has asked almost all of his groomsmen. So, I'm not going into any detail on that yet. I'll wait until he's asked them all.
- Brice's mom is making my dress. Yes, you read that right. Which means I can pull parts from different dresses and she'll create a whole new dress just for me! I'm really excited about it. And nobody but me, his mom, and my mom will see it until the wedding day! That way it's a total surprise for everybody the day of.
I probably won't share any more details after this post. I want to keep it all a surprise. I haven't made/am not making a wedding board on pinterest. I'm telling very few people in real life. I just feel like if I spill too many details, everyone will know ahead of time what it's gonna look like and I won't have as much wow factor. And since a lot of my real life friends read the ol' blog, no sharing with my blog friends either.